ACCRR Program Assistant, Full-time (35 hrs per week)
The BC Aboriginal Child Care Society (BCACCS) is a Centre of Excellence for Indigenous early learning and child care. BCACCS undertakes research, develops training and resources, and provides services and leadership to support Indigenous communities throughout BC to create high quality, culturally respectful, spiritually enriching community child care services that are based in the child’s culture, language and history.
BCACCS is currently seeking a full-time candidate for the position of Aboriginal Child Care Resource and Referral (ACCRR) Program Assistant. Reporting to the ACCRR Manager, this is a core position that ensures the effective and efficient operations of the training and education opportunities offered by BCACCS. The position provides a variety of administrative and event supports to the ACCRR Manager, Advisors and overall program.
• Supports ACCRR Program Manager, Advisors and the functioning of the ACCRR program.
• Assists with coordination and administration of in-person and online training events.
• Triages and responds to all ACCRR information and program requests and supports program admin/shipping needs.
• Assists with the creation of ACCRR cultural curriculum materials and resources.
• Manages payment for training events (invoicing, record keeping, facilitation fees).
• Coordinates the assembly and shipping of the Moe the Mouse Curriculum Kits.
• Acts as administrator for Child Care Recognition Award and Mary Thomas Scholarship.
• Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum 2 years post-secondary education.
• Educational background in administration, business, project management or human sciences preferred.
• Experience in administration.
• Excellent oral and written communication required.
• Demonstrated computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer and online meeting software.
• Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to work independently, create and manage workplans, and work as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in a culturally safe manner.
• Knowledge of/experience in Indigenous organizations, non-profit, and/or the early childhood field.
• Graphic design or writing/editing experience.
• Experience in event planning.
• College or University education in Early Childhood Education or experience in the field.
Must reside in the lower mainland. Must be able to work from a home office as well as work on site in our West Vancouver office as required. Must have a valid driver’s license and operational vehicle and be willing to travel occasionally. Must be available to work Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm plus weekends or evening occasionally on request. Successful applicants must follow established BCACCS Code of Conduct, agree to a criminal record check, adhere to BCACCS COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy and Provincial Health Office COVID-19 Guidelines.
$24.00 – $26.00/hour (commensurate with qualifications and experience). There is also an extended health plan and pension plan available after a 3-month probationary period.
Open until a suitable candidate is found
As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how you meet requirements and send to [email protected] citing “Application for ACCRR Program Assistant” in the subject line. All applications must include cover letter and resume as one document in PDF format.
In accordance with section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code and Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, preference will be given to qualified candidates with Aboriginal ancestry.
We thank all who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.