Approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) and recognized by the Ministry of Children and Family Development, ECE Registry. Based on the elective course the student chooses, the program provides introductory learning in various early childhood philosophies, guiding behaviour and health, safety and nutrition.
At the end of this program you will have developed the necessary knowledge and understanding of various philosophies within the early childhood field to work in the early childhood field in early childhood level, infant and toddler level, and special needs level
- High School Graduate, 19 Years Old
- Grade 12 English/ TOEFL 500/ Computer 173/ IBT 61/ IELTS (academic) 6.0/ 70% score on the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) – Level C or has successfully completed the Capital College LEC program; Interview with the Director of Student Affairs
- or hold an existing Early Childhood Assistant certificate (for certificate renewal)
- Diploma and transcript in English for High School or Junior College graduate. Transcript and diploma/ certificate in English for Bachelor’s degree holder OR copy of Early Childhood Assistant Certificate (for certificate renewal)
- Two English letters of references testifying to the suitability of the applicant for work in the early childhood field
- Written Interview
- Two recent 1” x 1” photos
- Photocopy of ID: Personal ID (Local Students)/ Student Visa or Study Permit and Passport (International Students)
- A Valid Canadian Criminal Record Check Clearance issued by Criminal Records Review Program
- Ability to work as an Early Childhood Assistant Educator in any preschool/ daycare within BC is granted upon completion of the program and upon the issue of Transcript by the College. Credit can be transferred into the College’s ECE program and Montessori program.