Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR | #1367
Child & Youth Services
June 1, 2021 (November 6, 2021)
Temporary Full Time
Monday-Friday rotating shift every 2 weeks: 7:15-15:15, 8:30-16:30, 9:00-17:00, 9:30-17:30, & 9:45:17:45 // 37.5 hours per week
$23.90 per collective agreement
The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) provides an enriched program for children which meet the needs of the families in the community. The ECE also provides opportunities for children with both typical and special needs to interact on a daily basis. The ECE works in conjunction with the Manager to ensure the needs of the children are met.
Education & Experience:
• Completion of Early Childhood Education Certification.
• Related training in the area of children with special needs and/or Under 3 Training, as required by licensing.
• Minimum 1 year with integrated groups of pre-school aged children.
• Experience with special needs functional assessment, individual and group program design and evaluation.
• Experience in the area of Behavior Management.
Standard requirements of the Early Childhood Educator include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position is open to male and female applicants. *This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.