Approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) and recognized by the Ministry of Children and Family Development, ECE Registry, the program provides comprehensive learning in various early childhood philosophies in infant and toddler level and practice, including knowledge in advanced child development and observation, health and safety, reflective teaching, program planning and administration in early childhood field infant and toddler level. The practicum component provides the student with a supervised teaching and learning experience and a period of observation, internalization, and further study, in order to bring together the theory and practice of infant and toddler education.
At the end of this program you will have developed the necessary knowledge and understanding of various philosophies within the early childhood field infant and toddler level and the practice experience to become a competent infant and toddler educator
- High School Graduate, 19 Years Old
- ESL level 4; hold basic Montessori EC 3-6 credential (MACTE) or complete the introductory course “Early Childhood Overview”; and interview with the Director of Student Affairs.
- Basic ECE Certificate from British Columbia.
- Three English letters of references testifying to the suitability of the applicant for work in the infant and toddler field
- Statement of Intent
- Written Interview
- Two recent 1” x 1” photos
- Photocopy of ID: Personal ID (Local Students)/ Student Visa or Study Permit and Passport (International Students)
- Physician’s Health Declaration
- A Valid Canadian Criminal Record Check Clearance issued by Criminal Records Review Program
- Requires Basic ECE Certificate from British Columbia
- Facilitated by specialized industry experts and work experience practicum
- Theory and practicum are closely related through the program.
- ECE101 - 48 hours
ADVANCED CHILD GROWTH ANDDEVELOPMENT
- ECE102 - 50 hours
PROGRAM PLANNING FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS
- ECE 106 - 30 hours
- ECE 104 - 45 hours
CHILD FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
- ECE105 - 45 hours
- ECE103 - 45 hours
ADVANCED HEALTH SAFETY AND NUTRITION
- ECEP107 - 235 hours
Infant and Toddler Practicum