ECE - Montessori Combined Program
Approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB), ECE program is recognized by the Ministry of Children and Family Development, ECE Registry and Montessori program is affiliated by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE). The program provides comprehensive learning in various early childhood philosophies and practice, including familiarity with child development and observation, Montessori materials, guiding behaviour, and the full range of curriculum planning in early childhood field. The practicum component provides the student with a supervised teaching and learning experience and a period of observation, internalization, and further study, in order to bring together the theory and practice of early childhood education.
Upon completing all the requirements for graduation students will receive:
At the end of this program you will have developed the necessary knowledge and understanding of various philosophies within the early childhood field and the practice experience to become a competent early childhood educator.
- High School Graduate, 19 Years Old
- English Requirement: Grade 12 English/ TOEFL 500/ Computer 173/ IBT 61/ IELTS (academic) 6.0/ 70% score on the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) – Level C or Successful completion the Capital College LEC program
- Interview with the Director of Student Affairs
- Diploma and transcript in English for High School or Junior College graduate. Transcript and diploma/ certificate in English for Bachelor’s degree holder.
- Three English letters of references testifying to the suitability of the applicant for work in the early childhood field
- Statement of Intent
- Written Interview
- Two recent 1” x 1” photos
- Photocopy of ID: Personal ID (Local Students)/ Student Visa or Study Permit and Passport (International Students)
- Physician’s Health Declaration
- A Valid Canadian Criminal Record Check Clearance issued by Criminal Records Review Program
- Facilitated by specialized industry experts and two work experience practicum
- Theory and practicum are closely related through the program
- Can transfer 43 credits into Chaminade University Bachelor of ECE program