Approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB), affiliated by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE), the program provides comprehensive learning in Montessori philosophy and practice, including pedagogy for infants and toddlers, environment design, with personal growth, child development and observation, Montessori philosophy, Montessori materials, and the full range of the Montessori curriculum. The practicum component provides the student with a supervised teaching and learning experience and a period of observation, internalization, and further study, in order to bring together the theory and practice of Montessori education.
At the end of this program you will have developed the necessary knowledge and understanding of Montessori philosophy and practical experience to become a competent Montessori infant and toddler educator
- Diploma and transcript in English for High School or Junior College graduate. Transcript and diploma/ certificate in English for Bachelor’s degree holder.
- Copy of Diploma/ Certificate of Basic Montessori EC 3 – 6, if applicable.
- Three English letters of references testifying to the suitability of the applicant for work in the infant & toddler field
- Statement of Intent
- Written Interview
- Two recent 1” x 1” photos
- Photocopy of ID: Personal ID (Local Students)/ Student Visa or Study Permit and Passport (International Students)
- Physician’s Health Declaration
- A Valid Canadian Criminal Record Check Clearance issued by Criminal Record Review Program.
- 126.96.36.199 - 24 hours
- 188.8.131.52 - 24 hours
- 184.108.40.206 - 32 hours
- 220.127.116.11 - 16 hours
Child, Family and Community
- 18.104.22.168 - 16 hours
- 22.214.171.124 - 16 hours
Personal Growth and Development
- 126.96.36.199 - 16 hours
- 188.8.131.52 - 48 hours
Child Development: Prenatal to Three
- 184.108.40.206 - 18 hours
Infant & Toddler Practicum
- High School Graduate, 19 Years Old
- Basic Montessori EC 3-6 Credential (MACTE) or completed the introductory course “Early Childhood Overview”
- English Requirement: ESL Level 4; or Successful completion of the Capital College in-house English test
- Interview with the Director of Student Affairs
- Theory and practicum are closely related through the program
- Dedicated and experienced faculty