Position Profile: ECE / ECEA Position
Directly Reports To: ECE Supervisor
Royal Academy child care programs are committed to the BC Early Learning Framework, Inspired Reggio Emilia approach and Montessori method focusing on the areas of Well-being and Belonging; Exploration and Creativity; Languages and Literacies; Social Responsibility and Diversity.
We are looking for passionate, creative and experienced educators to join our team. Be a part of creating the culture, community and foundation of our newly opened centre. We are looking for educators for our Infant and Toddler and our 3-5 year old programs.
As a part of a diverse teaching team you will be co-responsible for developing and maintaining a quality childcare program inspired by Reggio Emilia philosophies. This includes program planning and delivery, communication with families and ensuring the safety and well being of the children in the program.
- Valid ECE/ECEA certificate, diploma and license to practice in BC
- Montessori training is an asset
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Criminal Record Check
- Knowledge and experience of the BC Early Learning Framework, Reggio Emilia approach and Montessori methods
- Ability to make sound judgments and decisions; effective prioritizing and problem solving skills
- Have a strong grasp of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively with both children and parents
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment and with families
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Royal Academy
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by Royal Academy.
- Provide a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor and individual/group activities
- Carry out a daily schedule that incorporates child-directed activity, care routines and transitions times
- Represent and document children’s activities-display of children’s drawings and printing, portfolios
- Provide positive guidelines such as redirecting, positive language and reinforcement
- Attend to children’s physical needs for diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping
- Use observations to expand play and plan activities that recognize individual differences
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Position Start Date: May 3, 2021
Employment Term: Full Time Permanent (40 hours per week)
Salary & Benefits: depending on experience + $2/hr. ECE Wage Enhancement
Please forward your resume to [email protected]