Position Profile: Montessori Teacher Position
Directly Reports To: Manager
Royal Academy child care programs are committed to the BC Early Learning Framework, Inspired Reggio Emilia approach and Montessori method focusing on the areas of Well-being and Belonging; Exploration and Creativity; Languages and Literacies; Social Responsibility and Diversity.
We are looking for Montessori Teacher who helps to support his/her students’ progress academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment, which challenges each child to reach his/her full potential, in accordance with Montessori philosophy and procedure.
As a part of a diverse teaching team you will be co-responsible for developing and maintaining a quality childcare program inspired by Montessori philosophy. This includes establish and maintain classroom true to the Montessori philosophy.
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center in BC
- 2 years experience working with young children in a Montessori classroom
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Criminal Record Check
Montessori Teacher Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and experience of the Montessori philosophy
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment and with families
- Establish and maintain classroom true to the Montessori philosophy, prepared environment consistent with Montessori pedagogy
- Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and Grace and Courtesy lessons
- Have a strong grasp of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively with both children and parents
- Plan, prepare and maintain all units of study – including Montessori materials, thematic units, library books, etc.
- Offering guidance and support by giving demonstration presentations as needed
- Mentoring co- teachers in the Montessori philosophy and maintaining regular, productive dialogue about how they should support in the classroom
- Assist children who need individual help to choose work
- Monitor group activities to maximize healthy socialization, fostering of community and healthy recreation
Position Start Date: May 3, 2021 or until filled
Employment Term: Full Time Permanent (35 – 40 hours per week)
Salary & Benefits: depending on experience + $2/hr. ECE Wage Enhancement
Please forward your resume to [email protected]