The Learning English with Children Diploma Program (80 hours) serves as a foundation for students who are registering in the Montessori Early Childhood (3 – 6) Teacher Education Program (Montessori) and Early Childhood Education Program (ECE). The students will be supported as they explore a variety of developmentally appropriate strategies for assisting children in language development. Each session will consist of a theory and a practical component, and students are expected to demonstrate the learning outcomes successfully in order to complete program requirements.
At the end of this program you will have knowledge of the principles of acquiring language with a variety of the developmentally appropriate strategies to assist children in language development that are essential when working with children.
- High School Graduate, 19 Years Old
- ESL level 4 or successfully passed the Capital College in-house English test
- Interview with the Director of Student Affairs
- Diploma and transcript in English for High School or Junior College graduate
- Written Interview
- Two recent 1” x 1” photos
- Photocopy of ID: Personal ID (Local Students)/ Student Visa or Study Permit and Passport (International Students)
- LEC 01 - 6 hours
- LEC 02 - 21 hours
Music & Movement
- LEC 03 - 18 hours
- LEC 04 - 15 hours
- LEC 05 - 15 hours
- LEC 06 - 5 hours
- Eligible to apply for Montessori program and/or ECE program at Capital College
- Understand the meaning of being an Early Childhood Educator.
Improving English by:
- Learning proper nouns in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Understand the theory of how and why young children learn language.
- Development of speaking and listening skills.
- Development of writing and reading skills.
- Communication in the classroom.
- Introduction to curriculum development.
- Storytelling skills & development of resources for storytelling.
- Facilitating groups and developing circle times.
- Introduction to Montessori Language materials.
- Finding & Developing Teaching Resources:
- Introduction to children’s books and stories
- Music & Movement – learning children’s songs and rhymes.
- This program will provide fundamental aid to early childhood educators
- working in after-school programs, learning centres and parents who wish to get a head start on their children’s language development.