Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Education (Intensive)
The program provides comprehensive learning in Montessori philosophy and practice, including familiarity with child development and observation, Montessori philosophy, Montessori materials, and the full range of the Montessori curriculum.
The practicum component provides the student with a supervised teaching and learning experience and a period of observation, internalization, and further study, in order to bring together the theory and practice of Montessori education.
Upon completing all the requirements for graduation students will receive:
At the end of this program you will have developed the necessary knowledge and understanding of Montessori philosophy and practical experience to become a competent Montessori early childhood educator.
- High School Graduate, 19 Years Old
- English Requirement: Grade 12 English/ TOEFL 500/ Computer 173/ IBT 61/ IELTS (academic) 6.0/ 70% score on the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) – Level C
- Successful completion the Capital College LEC program
- Interview with the Director of Student Affairs
- Diploma and transcript in English for High School or Junior College graduate. Transcript and diploma/ certificate in English for Bachelor’s degree holder.
- Three English letters of references testifying to the suitability of the applicant for work in the early childhood field
- Statement of Intent
- Written Interview
- Two recent 1” x 1” photos
- Photocopy of ID: Personal ID (Local Students)/ Student Visa or Study Permit and Passport (International Students)
- Physician’s Health Declaration
- A Valid Canadian Criminal Record Check Clearance issued by Criminal Records Review Program
- Affiliated by American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Theory and practicum are closely related through the program
- Dedicated and experienced faculty
- Can transfer 30 credits into Hope University Bachelor of Arts
- Can transfer 26 credits into Hope University Bachelor of Business program
- Can transfer 12 credits into Chaminade University Master of Montessori Education